A short history of Holy Trinity Church, Taradale 1859-1999. The first recorded Anglican services at Taradale took place in 1855 when the Reverend F G Barton, the indefatigable Incumbent of Kyneton, took two service in a room of the Taradale Hotel. In the same year he also visited the town to take religious instruction for the school children. The Anglican Church had already been allotted an excellent site on a hill overlooking the main road when the town was surveyed in 1853. It was on this site that the first Holy Trinity was built. The Mount Alexander Mail of 9th November, 1855 stated that an effort was being made to raise £200 for its erection. On June 10th, 1856 The Mount Alexander Mail recorded that ‘a very neat little (timber) church has just been completed, where divine service wilL henceforth be regularly performed according to the rites of the Church of England. By Keith Cole.